Monday, February 1, 2010

one of those days.

monday morning always comes too soon, doesn't it?!

just finished my bowl of steel-cut oats with brown sugar and almond breeze. yum.

yesterday was just one of those days. i work downtown on sundays and had agreed to drop some friends off at church on the way there. we were running late and everything was chaotic. they were harping on the fact that they were late, and i was super worried about getting to work on time. needless to say, i was gunnin' it. then, low and behold - for the first time in my life people - i got a speeding ticket.

GRRRRRRRRR!!*#&&#$

needless to say, once i got to work the day didn't get much better. i managed to survive until i got home, where i then proceeded to eat two bowls of pasta and mini-wheats and then go to bed.

when i read tiff's post this morning, it spoke to that place in me that just feels like a failure. last night before i binged on carbs, i felt so overwhelmed. things that i haven't done, people i haven't talked to, homework assignments i haven't started kept popping into my mind one after another, each one with their own emotional blow. i would remember one, wallow briefly in depression and associated bad feelings, then think "ugh - whatever, forget it!" just so i could relax. i would stuff all my emotions down and ignore them so i didn't have to think about them at all.

it was not until this morning that i realized in stuffing and ignoring those emotions i was ignoring my own needs. in saying, "i don't care!" instead of allowing myself to feel, or addressing the real issue, i allowed myself to be weak and helpless. hence the binge on comfort food. yeah. kay. click.

anyways just thought i'd share. i'm off to do some laundry.

make sure to check out tj's blog 'cuz she is doing a massively amazing giveaway! as well as kerry who is giving away a copy of a book that changed her life!

toodles! :)

4 comments:

skinny me! said...

Hey!
no worries on asking about Niagara. I stayed at the Fallsview Plaza hotel. Sign up for travelzoo updates and they'll e-mial you the deals when they come up.

Good luck! :)

Tricia said...

We all fall down at some point, the key to success if picking ourselves back up.

Happy Monday!

The Merry said...

I think it's okay to fail once in awhile, so long as you analyze /why/ you failed and try to figure out a way not to make that particular mistake again.

Not that I always do that myself, mind you. But I'm getting better at it.

skinny me! said...

Hey....
take a look at my blog. I have a surprise for you :)